How do I join?
The Tix for 20 waitlist is now open!
Fill in the form to join the waitlist. Once you've joined, we'll be in touch in coming weeks with more information on how you can see a Festival show for $20.
During the Festival
We’ll be making a limited number of $20 New Zealand Festival tickets available via email to Tix for 20 followers on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the Festival, 23 February – 18 March. Check back on this web page (or festival.co.nz/tixfor20 for short) from 21 February to see a selection of the offers.
Only selected shows will have $20 tickets available so don’t risk missing your favourite show and book your favourites now! To guarantee your seat, we recommend booking as early as possible. Tix for 20 tickets will not be available for shows with a limited capacity, events priced under $30, Writers & Readers sessions and regional performances.
We offer Tix for 20 tickets because we want to make the Festival accessible to as many people as possible. We can’t control who buys these tickets but we would ask that if you know you can afford the full price please leave the $20 tickets for someone who can't.
What do I need to know?
When you sign up, you will be emailed a code that gives you access to purchase two tickets per Tix for 20 show.
- Tix for 20 confirmation emails will be sent out on 21 February with your booking code.
- If you register after 20 February please allow 24 hours to receive your booking code.
- Tix for 20 offers will be released on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the Festival (23 February – 18 March).
- Ticket can be purchased online, in person at the St James Theatre Box Office or as Door Sales at the show using your unique booking code.
- Tickets are just $20 including all booking fees.
- A limit of two tickets per person per show applies.
- The Festival reserves the right to restrict which seats, performances and shows are included in Tix for 20 offers.
- Tix for 20 tickets are strictly limited, and subject to availability.
TIX FOR 20 SHOWS
- Wild Dogs Under My Skirt, 8 - 11 March, Hannah Playhouse
- Paul Rosoman: Field of Poppies, 13 March, St Mary of the Angels
- Perfume Genius, 14 March, Festival Club
- Swan Lake / Loch Na hEala, 14 - 15 March, St James Theatre
- Casus Circus: Knee Deep, 15 March, Festival Club
- Anne Sofie von Otter, 15 March, Michael Fowler Centre