- Wellington CBD
- Charitable Trust
- Permanent Role
Tāwhiri is the creative force behind festivals and experiences in Wellington including:
Wellington Jazz Festival
An annual jazz festival, 5 – 9 June 2019 & June 2020
An interactive theatre experience, 12 – 30 June 2019 & June 2020
New Zealand Festival
A biennial multi-arts festival, 21 Feb - 15 Mar 2020
Lexus Song Quest
A biennial emerging opera singing competition, May - August 2020
OUR VALUES: Te Kaupapa o Tāwhiri
Manākitanga: uplifting the mana of all people through care, nurture and respectful relationships.
Pūkengatanga: the pursuit of excellence in all our endeavours.
Whanaungatanga: weaving together a team to create strength, trust and flexibility.
Kotahitanga: standing together with shared purpose and values.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
We are looking for an accounting technician or accounting graduate with some experience, who would enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic role within a creative organisation.
The Role includes:
- Managing Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Prepare monthly balance and bank
- Handle Month End Processes on MYOB Exonet
- Fixed Asset register
- IRD PAYE & GST returns
- Payroll preparation
- Prepare Sales reports
- Assist with preparation on month end P & L
and Balance sheet
- Manage Budget system
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting and
proven experience in accounting roles
- Have knowledge and experience in using
Microsoft Access database, Power BI, and intermediate/advanced Microsoft excel
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and willingness to
- Ability to problem solve and come up with
- Strong organisational and time management
- Ability to multi-task and can work to
- Must hold a NZ Passport or valid working visa
HOW TO APPLY
If you enjoy working in a fast pace environment meeting interesting people and possess a can-do attitude please submit your cover letter and CV to Suzy Cain, Team Experience and Executive Coordinator at Suzy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Friday 10 May 2019.
Please note that due to the nature of our events and festivals, a flexible approach to working hours during event periods is essential.